I’m a foodie, my wife’s a foodie and my daughter is a foodie. When we bought the Inn in November of 2010, we evaluated what we served for breakfast, we weren’t too impressed, so we set about overhauling what we served in a major way and now our breakfast is our pride and joy. We spend an inordinate amount of time on ensuring that you get an excellent breakfast before you begin exploring the town.
We serve lots of tasty foods with a wide variety of items and all of it super fresh. We believe in providing the possibility of starting the day in a really healthy way, or just go nuts for the crazy waffle with the syrups if you wish. We have an excellent variety of sauces to top your waffles with. We make a delicious Blueberry Lemon and Strawberry Syrups, as well as a delightful Vanilla Caramel Sauce. Our Fresh Fruit Salad consists of a number of different fresh fruits, and may contain fruits such as Pineapple, Mango, Kiwi, Apples, Grapes, Oranges, Grapes, etc. and is cut daily.
We always dealt with the problem that we did not have a commercial kitchen and were not able to cook any egg dishes. Well, in November of 2015 we decided that we were going to renovate our existing tiny kitchen and enlarge it and make it a commercial kitchen. As a result, we were able to greatly expand our hot breakfast dishes. We now serve a delicious egg cup, which is super easy for those of you who have to grab a bite and run and we make an amazing Sausage Gravy with our butter drenched homemade biscuits. If you or anyone else in your group has dietary restrictions, please let us know. We will ensure there are suitable options available for you. Of course, if you just want a simple scrambled eggs, please let us know. We’d be happy to accommodate you.
When we had to select our coffee, we tasted a lot of different coffees and ultimately decided on a super-premium coffee, an Italian roast, from Boyd’s Coffee, we’re sure you will agree that it is excellent. The same goes for our Orange Juice and our jams, we tasted a whole bunch of them and we selected the best jam we could find, Bonne Maman. We think you will agree that our breakfast ranks among the best.
Our breakfast buffet awaits you each morning. Join us in the light-filled dining room and select among the items listed here:
- Fresh Fruit Salad
- Toppings: Flax Seed, Pumpkin Seed, Sunflower Seed, Walnuts, Almonds, Shaved Coconut, Dried Banana Chips
- Warm Fruit Compote
- Freshly Made Waffle Bar
- Strawberries, Blueberries and Warm Fruit Compote as toppings
- A Variety of Syrups: 100% Maple, Regular, Sugar Free, homemade Blueberry Lemon, Strawberry Ginger and our new Vanilla Caramel Sauce
- Chocolate Chips and Nutella
- Flavored butter. Flavor varies and has included: Lemon Butter, Blueberry Butter, Pumpkin Spiced Butter and Honey Butter
- Fresh Lightly Sweetened Whipped Cream, scented with Vanilla – (none of that canned stuff)
- Obertal Egg Cup
- Two sautéed vegetables with Bacon and Sausage, mixed with eggs and cheese and baked in a muffin tin.
- Obertal Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
- Freshly baked daily! Butter Drenched Buttermilk Biscuits
- Homemade Sausage Gravy – (don’t miss this item after having partied a little too hard the night before.)
- Bagels and English Muffins
- A variety of Jams from Bonne Maman, Peanut Butter and Cream Cheese
- Premium Orange Juice
- A selection of Teas
- Hot Chocolate
- Hot Apple Cider
- Organic Italia D’Oro Fresh Brewed Premium Coffee
May we suggest our Apple Pie Waffle:
- Make a fresh waffle
- Pour some Vanilla Caramel Sauce over the top
- Top it with our homemade Warm Cinnamon-Apple Compote
- Add a bit more Vanilla Caramel Sauce for good measure
- Finally – top it off with a delightful dollop of our Whipped Cream
- Eat – Yum, Yum, Yum